Friday, April 4, 2008

My running partner.....'dawg'...

.....Let's see how boring I can be.....hmmmmm......
yeah you'll hear about runs with my dog people might as well learn about the 'apple of my eye'....aka 'dawg'....'the black bomb'....'spas'....or as she is officially named 'Kao' (she's the one with the monkey). As I've moved on up to the marathon I find myself doing more solo training (easier scheduling, diferent training priorities than others who are getting ready for 5-10kms) except when it comes to 'dawg'. I never realized til a couple of weeks ago how 'dawg' gets my sorry butt out the door in the mornings (especially if she hasn't had much activity the next day). I get this sorry dog look and out we go or 30-35 mins. The best part is that it makes the runs go by faster and I usually end up doing some half baked fartlek run to keep her happy. Yes, this is how boring I can be.....

Oh Yeah and I ended up doing 1 hr 20mins (with the Mundy Park power line hill in under 9mins without any change in effort.....you know the hill Chester. I consider anything under 10 to be pretty decent and my 'hill' PR is just under 8mins when I was doing my last long run before Cal Internat marathon, but I smacked that one). Took 'dawg' out for Am runs around 32 mins this morning and yesterday

4 comments:

Sean Chester said...

Ugh! I came here expecting a brilliant write-up of one of my favourite half marathon routes, only to instead read about taking the dog out for her daily exercise. ;)

But, y'know, I think I smacked that power line hill in about four minutes. But then, I was going the wrong way. Have you treated 'dawg' to it yet?

Bomber said...

...sylvan wants to run the 'hill'......but they shut down part of the Poco trail we used to do by the river (have to take the long route now)....if u run to the end of the riverview grounds and then run down lougheed a bit you can then hit the hill back up to mundy...

Rob Cunningham said...

Marathon? Uhmm... now I know you are crazy! When is the big race? (Please don't say Ottawa...)

Sean Chester said...

That's brilliant! But rather than just close off a bit of it, they need to bypass all of Colony Farm...Some sort of transporter device or something.

Sylvan will enjoy the hill, I'm sure, but there's no use in his running it. He needs to do it thrice/week for a couple months, not once as a conquest.