Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Arrrggghhhh....

I am not sure if it's something I ate or simply a virus, but I've been a sweating machine since Monday. I felt pretty lousy at work on Monday, but simply figured I was tired from racing on Sunday and needed some sleep, but then the 'sweats' started and I was done.

At first I didn't care as I figured I would only miss a day and I had planned for a Wed workout and Thurs med-long run, but I went through another huge fever session on Tues ( I actually felt okay on Tues evening and figured I might even be able to do my normal Am run before work) when I went to bed (didn't go to work on Tues) and on Wed I went home early from work (I was completely out of it) and even as I write this I am still sweating (yuck)

The worst part is that I had told one of the race organizers, Bob Reid, I would be running the Times Colonist 10km in Victoria on Sunday, but I decided I had to back out. I figured it would be a good racing/training week in preparation for Ottawa, but with missing some major mid week training and not really knowing when I am going to get back into the routine of things I feel as thouhg I have no choice. Worst part is not being sick, but feeling completely guilty as Bob Reid is a major force for the race and if it wasn't for him I don't think I would even consider doing the race. Backing out on him is kinda like backing out on Yoda

No comments: