Friday, April 11, 2008

"MEATY"

....as my kiwi friends would say.....


Training Wise...things are not great, but also not that bad. At least that's what I am telling myself. Mostly singles this week, but still on for around 110kms by the end of Friday (with tomorrow's session and sunday run I should surpsingly be around 170-180kms for the week. How??? I am not sure.) Right hip/leg still 'tight as', but for some reason I am able to get things going and have decent runs. My mechanics are actually better (probably why I have actually been running relativey quickly) in some respects, except when I go downhill, but even then I adjust (in a more efficient way, not compensatory) and actually have a decent run.

Thursday was a good example. Ran one of my typical 'from home routes' down to Colony Farms (gravel flat trails) at a decent clip. Pretty good considering Wed's harder session and my leg. Ended up at over 2 hrs by the end (yes I am compensating for not being to 1) do doubles and 2) not being able to get in some longer runs after Sunday) and even ran the 'hydro mundy park hill' in under 9mins (and they were quite muddy)

Friday: no AM so got home quick after work and got in 56 easy mins with 'dawg'. By the end I was crusing once again and felt smooth (although hip still stiff). Hoping for another 30-40 mins later tonight.

No comments: