Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bikram....

....if you never done Bikram Yoga, try it out. I might be the epitome of someone who is not into anything fancy schmancy, but I did Bikram 'hot' Yoga in the fall and found immediate benefits. For those who know know nothing about it's yoga done in in a temperature just under 40 celsius for 90 mins and it's very intense. Found it did everything from strengthening, stretching and alignment.

Training since Friday:

Saturday: AM - workout planned session of between marathon to half marathon pace intensity 5km-4km-3km-2km-1km off 1km 30 sec slower (doing the 'posts' at bby lake so slight more than a km and on the 4km part it's now further than that, but it's the work that matters). The temperature was quite warm here and after the 4 km part I drank an entire water bottle on my 1km easier section. On my 2km I slowed just enough that I decided to add two hard kms but off 1min rest. great thing was that little break allowed me to drop the pace down.

PM - 35 mins

Sunday: AM - ran with a handful of 'old guys and has beens' (Norma Tinkham, Richard Lee, Bert Sandie, Matt Johnston) one 'gonna be good' guy (Richard Mosley who is in town from the brooks marathon project). Originally the run was supposed to be with Pete Cardle and Nathen Brannen (he's in town getting treatments and some orthotics), but Pete couldn't get Nate out to Bby Lake due to a scheduling conflict. From the get go my legs felt flat, but it was a good sort of 'flat'. Did the first loop in 44mins, second 43 and on my own 41 high (now an 11km loop) so good as I was able to pick it up

PM - 42 mins (10 mins of easy diagonals after 20mins)

For the week I ended up at just over 180kms. Considering how the week began this was quite surprising, but I guess some of those days turned into some longer workouts and single runs. I'll post Mon-Wed tomorrow....stay tuned...I know you will.....

No comments: