Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ahhhh...the track

I love the track. I started out as a track guy and that will never leave my blood. I still can't completely work my way around this road running thing, but sometimes we just have to do.....

Mon: AM - 33mins PM 65 mins at Mundy Park...ran 40 mins with Mosley. Decent run as ran easy and picked it up each 5km loop

Tues: track 6 x 'mile' in a seven min set

I had my first track session a couple of weeks ago, but it was pretty mellow and besides I almost don't consider anything under a mile (uugghhh) to be relevant these days. On Tues I worked my way down to Richmond for some expected 1200's but we (Jizzy and myself) were able to talk Marek into changing things to 'miles' (1600m). I wanted six at around 70-71 pace (decent but very controlled). Myself, Jizzy and a Swedish guy who is town (Henrik Lofas) ended up alternating leads (although Jizzy was feeling tired so he only did 3). We actually went out a bit slow and picked it up each lap but still good. Henrik was with me for 5 9which was great) and I did the last one on my own, but I wanted to practice some surging so went 400 slightly harder, 200 mellower, 400m slightly harder, 200m mellow, 400m harder. Probably avg'd low 4:40's for the first five and my alternating one wasn't much slower (4:53)so that was good sign. The session ended up being pretty good. Considering the effort that went into 4:40 pace I felt as though I could do a couple more of those. Right now I have no idea what that means, but hey...

Wed: AM - 33mins
PM 65 mins with dawg....felt tired from Tues, but still a decent pace so a good sign

Thurs: AM - 32mins PM 30mins hill circuit as I felt I needed some form work as opposed to a flat fartlek. I did 20mins of the circuit then 5mins of 30-40 sec and then 5 mins of 15-20 sec. The first two circuits were controlled and then pushed it for the next two and the 30 sec hills.

Fri: Unfortunately I slept through my alarm, so no AM. I tried to get in two afternoon runs but decided to run and do Bikram Yoga instead. Figured with racing on Sunday getting 'stretched out' and backing off a little (I am doing 2 week cycles right now) wasn't entirely a bad thing. Next week is going to be nasty anyways. Only wanted a 12km run but it was easy and quick so once again a good sign.......as always, I hope...

No comments: