Sunday, March 22, 2009

It was the Best of Times...It was....

...how much training I can get in when I do not have to work. It was Spring Break week and unfortunately I was sick for the first half, but I was still able to have a solid week. Monday was the only real day that suffered due to my cold and the rest of the week went well. The clincher was my long run today that felt like I was loping along, yet my geographical splits were off the charts. A good sign I hope.

The idea this week was simply to well have a good week and that it was. I wanted to get in some good hill sessions, and I did and not feel absolutely shattered on the weekend, which I did not.

The key for the week was the two hill session. I felt very strong on them and I think that's why my run today was so good. I felt stronger and more efficient than at any time over the last months.

Mon: 54 min easy
Tues: afternoon: 52 min hill circuit, plus 3min short hills
PM: 34mins
Wed: AM 69mins good run
PM: 40mins
Thurs: AM 33min of just hills done as 60sec - 45 sec - 30 sec plus 5 mins of short hills
PM: 40min easy run
Friday: AM 45 min very easy
PM: 42 mins
Saturday: Planned 6 'posts' at sub threshold pace and then 6 at threshold. Legs a little banged up and behind schedule for a day with my wife and dog so did 3 at well below threshold (HR at 155), 6 at a slightly below threshold (HR at 165-167) and 1 well below. It was actually a decent session as I was bit slower than last week, but my HR was also around 3-5 beats slower, which is actually a huge difference in pace at that intensity (6 posts plus the parking lot at Bby Lake in 20:48, but my sub LT pace was in the 3:35-3:40 range so solid).
PM: 34 mins
Sunday: 2hr 27 mins...good from top to bottom....from solid and strong the whole way....

No comments: