Saturday, May 3, 2008

I already got my list in hand....

...for reasons I may run not run well at the BMO 1/2 marathon this weekend. On the other side if I run well I think I just got lucky. Being sick last week was bad timing, but alas one can only trudge on and do what is needed. If I didn't run this bloody marathon in 3+ weeks I wouldn't care, but IMHO certain things need to be done (for me mostly mental) that didn't get done last week.

So instead I had to do some of these things this week (said in a sarcastic and condescending tone of voice). I actually didn't plan to do this race, but when I couldn't run the TC 10km I felt it was required.

I haven't raced near fitness potential, but more importantly I've learned more and more with each race from a mental viewpoint. Hopefully this will be another positive learning experience. That's one thing (I'm kinda stoopid) I've come to realize and that is I am in a constant state of assessing and analyzing my racing/training to mostly tweak things, but for me that works.

I finally began to feel decent on Monday, but even then I decided to cancel doubles for a bit. Since My Tues and Wed were going to be long and hard it made sense.

Mon: 65 mins (Finally felt human)
Tues: 25 x 60 sec hard-easy. Figured I actually covered 15km and actually quicker than the last time I did this session (but only 20 x 60-60) and also more relaxed. I was very consistent and felt good I had good mechanics
Wed: I figured i might regret this one and as of right now I would agree... SFU 'hilly as' trails 2 hrs 25 mins. Needed a reasonable long run irrelevant of how it would impact my 1/2. (I know it's too close to the 1/2, but then again the 1/2 isn't my priority now is it).
Thurs: Man my legs hurt from those stoopid hills AM - 38 PM 66 - mins with dug. Legs stiff, but decent pace by the end
Fri: AM - 33 mins PM - 59mins. Felt stiff, but decent pace, but as the run went along I felt much better and worked the last 10mins pretty good, but also a good clip as well. PMPM - My fiend Bikram Yoga. I was supposed to get in at least two other sessions since the Sun Run, but I didn't figure I needed to get in a double sweat.
Sat: Plan is for two runs today that total 20 or so kms....feeling a sniffle.....hmmmmmm....another nail in the coffin???? (to hell with positive thoughts. Besides, I work better off negative ones)
Sunday: survive.....'those who survive the best run the best'

1 comment:

Sean Chester said...

"(Finally felt human)"

And by human, you meant superhuman. ;)