Friday, April 10, 2009

Why can't things ever be easy for me!!!!???

....Just as I get back into a nice routine, things become difficult. Well no one ever said I like to make things easy for myself. Due to report cards this week, an altered coaching track meet I a forced back into solitary training once again.

The lads were meeting for a nice long session on Wed, and we had a HS track meet that meant I couldn't go with them. I ended down at the Kajaks practice, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do.

Then again this may not entirely be a problem, as it forces me to be a bit more mentally tougher. But it is also forcing me to alter facets of my training, which I am actually enjoying. Not the working out on my own part, but the part where I have to tweak things to get optimal results. Normally it would be tuck in and go for a ride with other, but now I need to play tricks on myself to get what I need. Not that I am drastically altering things. Instead I am just using the old quote of 'there's more than one way to skin a cat'.....

I guess we'll find out if it works.....

No comments: