Thursday, January 1, 2009

2 feet of snow......15+ degrees and sun...hmmmmm....

....I don't know what's better the sun of San Diego or the snow of Vancouver......yeah right. Tough choice.

We just got back last night to 0 and snow. Considering it was around 20 degrees when we left SD it was quite the change. But alas at least I got in some decent training in nice conditions. Things didn't go perfect (the day after we got there I took the day off as I think I slept through the day, as there were delays everyhwere and we were simply lucky to get out of the airport). But once I got into the training routine things went well. Last week I ended up at around 80 miles but that was with a day off so really not that bad.

I was somewhat fortunate that where we stayed the first week was a 20 min run to some great dirt and hilly trails (the ones I like best) so I even had the ability to get in a nice fartlek and my first 2+ hr run in about 4mths.

Over the last few days we stayed at this very nice resort style hotel on the beach (near seaworld) and I was able to get in some nice runs on the pathways that went around the beaches. Considering I started all my runs in a t shirt and often ended up taking if off part way through the run you could say I liked the weather. The funny part was all the locals with long sleeve shirts, long tights and even gloves on as I whizzed around in a pair of shorts.

I am supposed to race in a week, but have no idea on my fitness. I know I can get in some longer runs, but have no idea on whether I am capable of running quickly.....I guess we'll see....

No comments: