Friday, January 23, 2009

Wall????!!!!!

As I Type I can look at my last post as an omen, and not a good one. I knew I was taking my training to another level training wise, but I think I bit off way more than I could chew.

I took Monday off on purpose, and hit an nice 70min run. But I could tell during the run that taking monday off didn't have much of an impact. Ever since Monday i have been falling asleep early, but simply figured it was just catanps.

On Wednesday I absolutely hit a wall. I was supposed to do some longer reps, but I could tell on the warmup that this might be a tough one. Even it felt tough. I did an 800 then a 1200 and everything felt terrible. I dumped the workout and figured I might tempo the next day. I didn't full realize what I had done until I came home and fell asleep again. To top it off I came home on Thurs and fell asleep again. The worst part is that I am still exhausted when I wake up. Hopfeully it's just a bit of overtraining and I'll be fine by the end of the weekend. I am getting some bloodwork On Sat morning (so I can't make sat's tempo workout, which I'll do on my own, which isn't a bad thing).

I know over the last few months I haven't really been taking my Iron pills and with the pounding of the roads there may be some 'issues' Hopefully just over training, as I've had low Iron before and it can take quite a while to get back into the system. Either way a rest was obviously needed.

1 comment:

Andrew Armiger said...

Ouch. Hope it's an easy fix, man. How often do you get your iron checked? Even with supplementation, I was at the low end of normal the last time I checked. I switched supplements, now I use MegaFood DailyFoods Blood Builder, which has vitamin C in it so no need to take it with OJ, and take it at night (Simmons indicates that it is needed most for repair during the sleep cycle) and make a point of not taking in any calcium in the evening (I take the multi and calcium with breakfast or lunch) as the calcium prevents absorption of the iron.