Saturday, December 20, 2008

Golly gee whiz....

I must be somewhat motivated to get out in this cold stuff. With the exception of Wed, when it snowed, I have been out for a min mum 65 mins or more all week. Not the greatest, but not bad considering I will hopefully end up around the 75-80 mile mark for the week.

Wed was a complete write-off as I was more fearful of getting hit by traffic than the actual conditions (and it took me almost 2 1/2 hrs to travel 5 miles from work).

I even ran at Colony Farms last night and I swear it was about 5 degrees colder than the posted temperature. I hit the entrance and it was like a cold snap hit me, but I wanted to see if the pond out there was frozen. Since the snow is still fluffy it wasn't a bad run as I stayed off the more compact snow. It was kinda fun running in complete silence in the snow at night. I forget how when i lived in the interior how easily one can see at night with the light reflection off the snow.

Once I head back home and crossed Lougheed highway it was like a massive heat stroke ( well in relative terms) and I really picked it up. Now for a bit of fartlek today and then a decent run tomorrow, and then only 1 more sleep til the hopeful sun of San Diego. At least it won't be minus 10.

No comments: