Monday, October 20, 2008

Boy am I ever glad I am not 100% in running yet...

..it's not what you think. I have been a terrible email checker the last while so Richard Lee sent out an email for a 9:30 Sunday morning run by my house at Colony Farms an I didn't read it til a bit past 10. Normally I might have driven down there...

So I throw my gear on and head down the street hoping to maybe hook up with someone for maybe even a handful of minutes. I end up running around Colony Farms (kinda boring) for about 40 mins and as i am heading back home Richard honks at me in his car. I turn back to try and catch up to him (down a one way street) but go down a parallel trail.

I end up missing him and email him later in the day asking where he went. His reply was classic. Both himself and Steve Osaduik had hooked up and Steve's SUV had a window break and bag grab and the reason Richard even saw me was because he was looking for the guy who broke into Steve's vehicle...and it gets better...Richard realized when he got home that someone had also broken into his car but didn't have to break the window....maybe not running isn't all that bad.....

...actually I rather be running and have my car broken in too....

On a more positive note I got up to one whole hr of running relatively pain free. Physio says i am at 90% and my body is imply fixing itself up. The good thing has been some altered mechanics that will hopefully help to fix up my sub par results over the last yr or so...

Another big congrats to Tim for winning the pre Fraser Valley meet this afternoon on the BC HS XC course....this time though he ran kinda boring and actually led going into the last 400m....how unexciting can one get ......

....and another step up for Richard Mosley....he ran what looked to be a decent race at the Trans Canada 10km as he was looking at going under 30mins and went well under that to place 4th....on the come back trail after some hard times.....ohhh...I wish i was there too.....

No comments: