Sunday, November 9, 2008

I hate the winter months

...especially after I haven't really been able to run in the somewhat light moments.....arrrggghhhh.....

I like to say that sometimes 'life gets in the way of running' (really just an excuse) and this time of coming back has been a good example of this idea. My Achilles is very good, but not yet at a level to do workouts (at til this week when I will do a small and easy fartlek run and see how it goes).

What does this mean.....hmmmmm....that I haven't gotten my sorry butt out running enough. I had report cards this week, which may I add are a joke compared to elementary school, but having said that the marking is much more intense) and we also had BC HS XC champs this weekend, so I've been absolutely destroyed mentally more so than physically.

But getting out to BC HS's was fun, although with miserable weather. I haven't been to this race since i worked with Mazzotta over 10 yrs ago and it was interesting to watch the 'young uns' go at it. Some very impressive performances from the 2 Oak Bay kids. We had a so so Jr boys team and some very motivated gr 8 girls running so we (myself and Svelander) had no real work to do once the two Junior races ended. The course was muddy when our kids ran and a mess for the Sr Girls/Boys races.

We had one exceptional performance with one of our gr 8 girls who placed 11th overall. Along with her two teammates, who show up for all the practices, we seem to have a 'ringer' and supporting cast to build a team around. We'll see what happens.

On a side note should be two special notes 1) For those who don't know Richard Lee has taken over the coaching reins for the rag tag group of lower mainland dist runners and 2) Julie is preggy.....yep you heard it here in public first....there may a little freak running around soon causing havoc....oh wait that's what the dog does...ok a second freak running around

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Sweet! I knew there was a reason I checked your blog. It finally paid off. Congrats to you two. Pushing a stroller for your runs isn't that bad at all - it might even give you some biceps:)

When is the due date?