Thursday, October 9, 2008

whooo hoo.....

....I am actually running again....and pain free. My achilles is still a little stiff, but I have been running anywhere from 20-40+ mins every second day over the last week.

Even a small victory such as this gives me some sembalnce of hope that I'll be back in the swing of things before long. At the very least I can look forward to just getting out the door and not the stinking gym. It certianly puts me a in a better mood (my wife will attest to that).

Unfortunately, it means little in trying to race this Fall, but then again I guess i get to live vicariously through the kids we are coaching. If he's reading this a big 'shout out' to a former student of mine Tim Delcourt who has been tearing it up in the Surrey league Gr 8 races. Some people say he has similar form to mine, but he certainly has my kanck for the dramatic in races. He is err.... shall we say a bit of a kicker and appears to revel (as i do) in simply hanging round long enough to use his speed. Although now I seem to have lost my speed....but then again that's kinda predictable....

1 comment:

tim1351 said...

Thanks Bomba you have taught me a lot of things over the past few years and having that kick familiar to yours is a real honor. Hope to use it in the next few races

From: Tim Delcourt-Product of Mark Bomba