Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kao Runs

Over the last couple of weeks while the snow has disappeaed I've been able to get the 'dug' out for runs. If you know my dog then you know is hyper. Normally in the winter months I take her out for my before work runs at the school up the street from (round and round the fields I go), but with recovery from my achilles I never really got many morning runs and then when it snowed I couldn't take her anywhere.

With the trails almost fully cleared I have been able to taker her out on many of my easier afternoon runs. I only run her on trails, but she is getting fitter and fitter. Tonight was one of those runs that not only do I like (the SFU trails), but she loves. There's still some snow on the trails, but only in spots. Besides she loves the snow so when we hit it not only do I end up slowing down, but she picks it up.

Since we got freakshow I have been wrapped around her little paws (yeah a warm and fuzzy moment) and when she doesn't get out for any activity I honestly feel guilty. So getting her out now is not only fun for her, but I really enjoy having her on my runs.

No comments: