Sunday, November 23, 2008

routine routine...sleep sleep....

...these two things seem to be killing my running. I haven\t been sleeping well and it's been killing my running. I end up falling asleep on the couch (and my wife is not happy!!!) and then wake up at 1 or 2 in the AM and can't fall asleep for another hr. It's killing any chance of an AM run and in fact I sometimes end up falling asleep in the PM before I get a run out of the way.

It's almost a bad timing thing. I was a nice routine last week, and then had parent teacher interviews and it killed me. I took last Monday off and that turned out to be a mess. I forget that I like to front end load my training weeks so that if something out of the ordinary happens it's not a big deal because I've done what I need to do. That way if things go 'perfect' then it's a bonus.

I almost feel like I am a complete neo-phyte again in running. Everything is new, but not as exciting. The good thing is that my runs seem to be getting easier and quicker. Hopefully an easy tempo or fartlek this week will really push things into a smoother direction. I’ve always found that I need a good kick in the butt and doing a workout (even an easy one) has always motivated me.

A huge congrats to Dickie Mosely for making his first official national team (Chiba Ekiden). Ryan Mckenzie has had his first kid and Dickie was the first alternate. It’s really the 2nd team he’s made a team, as he qualified for Wld XC, but hurt himself and couldn’t go. Considering all the stuff Dickie’s gone through over hte years it’s a huge achievement in his steps towards his ultimate goals. It's also the first national team person that Dick Lee has had make national team in his second incarnation as a high end coach....in the end it's a team effort.....

No comments: