Monday, June 9, 2008

dumb de dumb

Why do I feel like I am sorta running right now???!!! Maybe it's because I am. That's always one thing I find is that once your goal event (whether it's good or bad)ends it's bloody tough to get back into things. When I ran 800 and 1500m it was easy as there was always another race around the corner. With these longer distances it's more like you only get a few chances and if your one race doesn't go that well then your whole season ..well....'sucks'.

Despite the great training I've had over the last year I honestly can't say I am anywhere near my training fitness. The most frustrating part is that my reputation has (used to be??) been as someone who showed up for the big races. Now I can't seem to do anything right.

In the mean time I continue to plug away. Of special note (maybe an answer??) is a secret meeting that may help alleviate some training situations....hmmmmm.....

Mon: 75 mins
Tues: monfartlek plus 6 mins of 30 sec hills
Wed: 95 mins
Thurs: 55 mins quick ..supposed workout but I was watching Lost....oops
Fri: I realized i hadn't had a long run in a bit so had a great 2hr+ run at the SFU trails...hit some PR splits without any real effort so a really nice enjoyable run.
Sat: AM 52 mins run PM 32 mins good run plus 6 x 10-15 sec striders
Sun: ran low key 10km out in Maple Ridge. I was away after about 1km and at 3km I figured I would treat it as a workout. There is a big hill around 6 km so I slowed down til the bottom of the hill and then attacked it. After that I alternated 60 sec hard easy the last 3km. Only ran around 33mins but it was good fun, a Mizuno event and relaxing. Probably what I needed

No comments: