Monday, July 27, 2009

I NEED A ROUTINE

.....hence why this post is short and sweet....Since i've been out of school things have been hectic. I've done 2 trips up to the interior for fairly extended times (I am actually still up here). I didn't care too much at first as running was only just beginning, but as the achilles has gotten less and less tender (I've waken up in the morning for 3 straight days with no pain) I have been wanting to get more and more into a regular training pattern. I am not yet willing to do full on running workouts, but I am ready for more pool sessions and my weekly grouse grind tempo session.

Unfortunately, in the interior there is no grouse grind so I've been suplementing my daily 30-45mins of running with biking (I've pulled my mtn bike out of the mothballs) and inline skating (the closest thing to running) and hopefully tomorrow some pool running. All I know is that it's been fricking hot here (close to 40) and I hear that the coast hasn't been much cooler. Oh well it could be minus degrees.....

...I have decided on my next running topic as my training is way too boring which will be an old one, but a good one...I'll be sticking on the my current theme of mental approaches to running and coaching...the topic... "Are you a Stampfl or a Stotan?"...if it doesn't make sense now it will in the next few days....

1 comment:

Scott Corsie said...

Dude you have a kid now... good luck with anything rountine. If you get to Penticton ever (or your car breaks down passing through) give me a shout. Hope all is well with the wee one.